These days there are heaps of different “fads” with food. Some have gone by the wayside and others have stuck around.
Making vegetables interesting is a great way of keeping yourself and the kids healthy. Zucchini by itself is quite a boring vegetable – but creating them in a different way and adding ingredients to it – it becomes a WOW vegetable and so versatile.
Feed Me Healthy have created for Hotplates for Healthy Hearts a great recipe showcasing Zucchini
Chicken with Zucchetti and Feta
- 125 gms chicken breast
- 1 large zucchini spiralized See Notes
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/2 pinned cherry tomatoes halved
- 20 gms south cape low fat Greek Feta
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Brush oil over hotplate, season chicken with paprika and cook for 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Add garlic to the hotplate, stir for 20 seconds and add your zucchini noodles, stir fry for 1-2 minutes (do not overcook as the zucchini will release liquid and go mushy), add cherry tomato, salt & pepper and chilli, stir through, then take off heat.
- Plate the noodles and tomato mixture, top with chicken, tear over Basil leaves and sprinkle with Feta cheese.
- This meal takes 10 minutes to prepare and cook.
Have you Created a Feed Me Healthy® Recipe
HOTPLATES for HEALTHY HEARTS
On Greenplate® Barbecues you can guarantee that your food will be cooked at the right temperature to keep you safe and healthy
Healthy Food | Healthy Family | Healthy Life