Today we are looking at Salmon – what a beautiful piece of fish!
It is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12) but it is the content of Omega-3 fatty acids that receives the most attention, and rightly so. It is this essential fat which is responsible for oily fish’s reputation as a valuable ‘brain food’. Fantastic and all on a Greenplate® Hotplate!
Orange, Thyme & Maple Salmon
- 160 gms Raw Salmon
- 1 Juice and Rind of an Orange
- 1 tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Thyme Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Heat the hotplate on your barbecue to medium heat, (wait for it to warm up before placing fish on hotplate or it will stick)
- Place salmon on the hotplate, cook 2-3 minutes each side depending on the size and thickness of your fish.
- When colour changes to just over halfway - flip fish and cook for 2 minutes
- Mix all ingredients and pour over salmon
Have you Created a Feed Me Healthy® Recipe
HOTPLATES for HEALTHY HEARTS
On Greenplate® Barbecues you can guarantee that your food will be cooked at the right temperature to keep you safe and healthy
Healthy Food | Healthy Family | Healthy Life